Cannot share content publicly

Jump to solution
10-17-2017 03:18 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm creating a web map using a hosted feature layer that I've made public (link), but I can't share the map with anyone.  Within my online content I don't have any options to share the web map (see attachment).  I can't share with groups, the public, other users, etc.  Every URL and even the homepage requires a login to view any of the content I've created.  I've read the Share Items in the help section and many forum posts, but I'm still at a loss.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

After talking with Tech Support we were still at a loss.  They had me try some things on my own and I can share content using Chrome.  I must have a setting in Firefox that's preventing me from sharing publicly.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chelsea, 

Are you using a full ArcGIS Online organisational account? If you have an Organisation option at the top you are.

Are you an administrator? It might be worth checking if the sharing publically option has been disabled for your account - head to Organisation > Edit Settings > Security > Sharing and Searching. More information here: Configure security settings—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

If you're not an administrator, it's possible the sharing option has been removed from your user role. 

Carmel

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have an Organizational account and I'm an admin.  All of my settings for the account are set so members can share content publicly.

The link you attached said something about changing the URL from my organization to the public ArcGIS Online URL, but that doesn't help either.  After reading more it looks like the map already needs to be shared with the public to begin with, which is the issue I'm having...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chelsea, 

If you open the map in the ArcGIS Online map viewer > Share > Does the Everyone option appear there for you?

Do you own any groups? If not, can you try creating one to see if it appears in the share options?

Carmel

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

After talking with Tech Support we were still at a loss.  They had me try some things on my own and I can share content using Chrome.  I must have a setting in Firefox that's preventing me from sharing publicly.

CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chelsea, 

Glad it's working! I did read in another post today that broswer extensions where affecting another user using an application in ArcGIS Online.

Carmel

0 Kudos
PatriciaCarbajales-Dale
New Contributor III

I have a user that cannot share any items (web maps, story maps). The options to share (Everyone, group) are gone and even the content view is missing the icons (private, group, public). I checked her profile, which is same as the other 5,000 users I have in my organization (I am the admin). Any ideas? She is using Chrome