Cannot add Markup layer saved from Fieldmaps to Map In ArcGIS Online

11-08-2023 01:24 PM
Labels (1)
RM5
by
New Contributor

I've saved a markup layer from Field Maps to ArcGIS Online - It's there in my content.  But is it possible to add this markup layer  to a map in mapviewer in ArcGIS Online?  When I try to add the layer - map viewer doesn't see it. 

Also when I go to the Markup Layer overview - it only gives the option to open it in Map Viewer Classic. 

Seems strange not to have the functionality of opening a Markup in Map View online.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
7 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
RM5
by
New Contributor

Thank you, not sure how that works?  I don't have the option to add to new map. 

Only the following:

Open in Map Viewer Classic

Metadata

ArcGIS online doesn't seem to see Markup Layers - is it designed this way - surely not?

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

What role/privileges does your user account have? If you are not signed into ArcGIS Online or don't have the privilges to create maps, this may be why. I don't see the option to open in the new map viewer if I'm not signed in. Not sure why you may need a Publisher/Creator role for this but that may explain it.

0 Kudos
SigridWilkens
New Contributor

I also have this issue, I have tried to add a markup layer into an exiting map with no luck. Have you found a resolution to this yet?

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

role/privileges?

0 Kudos
MarkoV
by
New Contributor

I have the same issue. I can add a markup layer to a map only if I open the map in Map Viewer Classic. Seems like the new Map Viewer just still does not have the functionality of managing markup layers.

0 Kudos
MarkoV
by
New Contributor

But if you add the markup layer to the map in the classic viewer, save the map and open it with the new viewer, then the markup layer is there as well. So that is the workaround.

0 Kudos