Select to view content in your preferred language

Can you copy and paste a polygon from a geodatabase to a hosted feature layer?

Wednesday
Damian
by
New Contributor III

Dear ESRI community

I am trying to copy and paste a selected polygon from a local geodatabase layer to a polygon layer in a hosted feature layer in AGOL using ArcGIS Pro. The copy/paste appears to run but nothing happens. I have also tried to copy/paste between two different hosted feature layers in AGOL using ArcGIS Pro. Again no success. I can however copy/paste polygons between different layers within the same hosted feature layer in AGOL using ArcGIS Pro.

My question is, is it not possible copy and paste selected polygons from a local geodabase to a hosted feature layer in AGOL, or between hosted feature layers in AGOL? Or am I totally missing something?

Regards, Damian

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonathanMcD
Occasional Contributor

@Damian 

Absolutely you can, the screen shot below is taken from local to AGOL just now.

What's your process of copy/paste? Are you copying your feature then using Paste Special or just the CTRL-C / CTRL-V? Also, forgive me, are you saving those edits and is the hosted layer enabled for you to edit?

Pro

JonathanMcD_0-1722512518971.png

AGOL that's copying a polygon from a catchment dataset and pasting it into a different AGOL polygon dataset.

JonathanMcD_1-1722512631993.png

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

With copy/paste, be aware that if the field names are not the exact same between your layers, you'll lose that information unless you configure field mapping in the edit settings.

If your destination layer is being symbolized by a field and there's no "other/null" symbol being displayed, it's possible the feature pastes in but then has no attribute to get it to render.

Can you check the attribute tables to confirm if the feature is really there?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos