Select to view content in your preferred language

Can you clip a tile layer like you can in Pro?

Jump to solution
10-25-2018 07:45 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

In ArcGIS Pro there is a geoprocessing tool called Clip that cuts out a portion of a raster dataset, mosaic dataset, or image service layer (Clip—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop ). I have a tile layer service in AGOL that I need to clip to individual states, 24 to be exact. Now, instead of doing the clipping in Pro and tiling 24 individual layers is there a tool in AGOL, similar to Clip in Pro, that can do this already? This would save a lot of time if I can do it if the layer is already online.

If the thought of just taking a layer of the U.S. and overlaying it over the tile layer and apply transparency the answer will be no, that looks really tacky.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

No, I don't believe there is a way to clip a tile layer.

If your tile layer is generated from a hosted feature layer, you could create a hosted feature layer view, then apply a definition query to restrict the features to the 24 states, then create a tile layer from that view layer.

Mike

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

No, I don't believe there is a way to clip a tile layer.

If your tile layer is generated from a hosted feature layer, you could create a hosted feature layer view, then apply a definition query to restrict the features to the 24 states, then create a tile layer from that view layer.

Mike

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's what I thought, thank you for the reply!

0 Kudos