Can't see anymore a layer in the application "Interactive Legend"

Jump to solution
12-12-2019 02:59 PM
PieroPeppucci
New Contributor III

Hi all,

i used the application "Interactive Legend" and i can't see anymore the linear layer (with a categorized style) which is visible in the related Web Map. Until yesterday, it was visible in the Interactive Legend and i did not modify the application for months.

If i open the Web Map, the layer is normally visible on the map.

I don't know what's the problem. 

Any suggestion? Maybe an issue of the last updating of the Arcgis Online?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Piero Peppucci‌, the fix has been applied to Interactive Legend. I tested with your link and am seeing the tours again. 

Thanks,

-Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Piero,

Can you capture a Developer tools log and look for any non-200 Status codes in the network tab? Are you able to share the Interactive Legend app and Web Map with the ArcGIS Online user Petey_Kman so I can investigate further?

Reference: Use Chrome Developer Tools

Thanks,

-Peter

PieroPeppucci
New Contributor III

Hi Peter,

thank you very much for the reply.

The links of the maps are:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/InteractiveLegend/index.html?appid=68b6188a20d94cddb5783afe9d5b4698   -> interactive legend

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=7c03ce9ea3b145a0a2534dee20c6820d   -> related web map

In the interactive legend you can't see the layer "tour" which is visible in the related web map.

Also the layer "photos" and "attractions", you can't see all the features.

The user is MPeppucci1.

I'd like to participate at the Arcgis Storymapper 2019 and the deadline will be the 15th, but unfortunately, with this issue, probably i cannot participate.

Thanks a lot for your attention. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Piero,

Thanks for including your map and app. 

I was able to reproduce the issue when creating a new Interactive Legend app from your Web Map. I was not able to reproduce the behavior with the Basic Viewer application. 

I was also not able to reproduce the behavior in a different Web Map / Interactive Legend application. 

Can you try creating a new Web Map, re-adding the four shapefiles, styling accordingly and creating a new Interactive Legend application? You can also attach the zipped shapefiles to this post and I would be happy to test this as well. 

Thanks,

-Peter

0 Kudos
PieroPeppucci
New Contributor III

Hi Peter,

i attach two .zip via wetrasfer. WeTransfer  for your test.

I tried to import a new layer in the web map, but this is not visible again.

So, will i have to create a new web map and a consequent interactive legend?

Are they unrecoverable?

Thanks a lot Peter.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Piero,

Thanks for sending your data. We identified the issue as related to the ArcGIS Online release and Development is taking a look. In the meantime, you can create a new app from your existing Web Map that uses the 3.x ArcGIS API for JavaScript. The Basic Viewer should work for the time being - I tested this and can see the layers there. 

How did you create the Tours shapefile?

Thanks,

-Peter

0 Kudos
PieroPeppucci
New Contributor III

Hi Peter,

thanks for your informations.

I used the "basic viewer" instead of "interactive legend" and now the layers are all visible.

Let me know when the issue will be fixed for the "interactive legend".

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Piero,

Glad to hear Basic Viewer is working for now. 

In order to take a closer look at the issue with Interactive Legend, we need to know the exact steps you used to create the "Tours" shapefile. The reason for this is that the "Tours" shapefile contains the tags "HasM = true" and "HasZ = true" when in reality the data does not have Z or M values. Before the update, 4.x applications rendered features with incorrect metadata, but this is no longer the case. However if there is a workflow that consistently creates the misleading tags we want to know about it. 

Thanks,

-Peter

0 Kudos
PieroPeppucci
New Contributor III

Hi Peter,

thanks a lot for solving the problems, but if i open the "Interactive Legend Application" i notice that

the photos features are all with red color (architecture category).

At the moment, i can see correctly all the layers present in the map, but the photos layer is not visible categorized

with different colors. 

Maybe, it remains only this display problem.

Could you kindly solve this issue for this application?

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Piero,

Thanks for the note - I was able to reproduce this and logged a bug: In JSAPI 4x applications, point symbol outlines do not respect unique value symbology and instead all render with the outline color applied to the first unique value in the legend.

A workaround is to use the fill color to differentiate your unique values. 

I hope this helps, let me know if the workaround is successful on your end. 

-Peter 

0 Kudos