Select to view content in your preferred language

Can't Delete 'Other' Fields

yesterday
ThomasGoodridge
Regular Contributor

I'm trying to delete a bunch of fields labeled "Other - [Field Name]" that I got from a survey123 that someone else made. I have full permission to add, edit, and delete these records. When I try any other record it works just fine, but the "Other - [Field Name]" records just get stuck on the saving screen without doing anything.

Screenshot 2024-10-01 161630.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @ThomasGoodridge

I'm sorry you're experiencing difficulties. I have some follow up questions to clarify the problem you are experiencing. 

1. Are you trying to delete a field

EmilyGeo_0-1727908068439.png

or are you trying to delete a record

EmilyGeo_1-1727908089903.png

2. Where are you trying to delete the field(s) or record(s)? Are you working in an app, on the layer's item details page, or somewherez else? 

0 Kudos
ThomasGoodridge
Regular Contributor

I'm trying to delete the field. There are nine fields labeled "Other- []" and I'm trying to delete them from the data tab on the on the items detail page

ThomasGoodridge_3-1727960738042.pngThomasGoodridge_4-1727960856221.png

0 Kudos
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @ThomasGoodridge

Thank you for clarifying. I haven't heard of this issue before. 

Do you have the proper permissions to manage fields? You need to be the layer owner, organization administrator, or a member of a shared update group the item is shared with. 

There are some cases when deleting specific fields is not supported, including when a field is required, participates in a joined view, has a related tile layer, and more. 

If none of that applies, you may want to reach out to technical support to help troubleshoot and see if there is a bug. In the mean time, you could try deleting the fields in other apps as a possible workaround. 

1. Map Viewer- you can can now delete a field using tools on the Fields pane, this article will walk you through it. 
  2. ArcGIS Pro- you can open the layer in Pro and manage fields there as well. 

Hope that helps! 

Emily

0 Kudos
ThomasGoodridge
Regular Contributor

I have permission to edit and delete this layer. I was able to delete to fields that weren't "Other" without issue.

0 Kudos