Can not show location on map

Jump to solution
09-26-2017 04:59 AM
BrankoIlic2
New Contributor

Hi,
I have a problem with showing location on map. I have data from sensors, with empty latitude and longitude columns. I have inserted those values for one row, and filtered table to show just that row, have set style, but it is not showing. What can it be?
On other hand, I have rows imported from CSV file, and they are showing fine.
I show you picture of data of that not showing layer.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Do you have access to the original data? Can you share it? Did you publish the data or is someone else responsible for publishing the data? If so, please contact the publisher and work with this person to correct the published data.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
XanderBakker

That should have placed a point in Italy. Is the service publicly available? Is is possible to share the REST service endpoint? I wonder if the data is really numerical and I would like to check the schema of the data.... 

0 Kudos
BrankoIlic2
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply, here it is

0 Kudos
BrankoIlic2
New Contributor

But I have seen that there is no geometry property in returned objects

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

You are right, there is no geometry returned from the REST endpoint (and a lot of lat/lon fields are null):

https://services.arcgis.com/BKDj2O9wOxDS007e/arcgis/rest/services/libelium_service/FeatureServer/3/q... 

Did you perhaps publish the data with the geometry field switched of? The REST endpoint does indicate that the layer is a point feature service:

Layer: HUM - BME - Humidity (ID:3)

View In:   ArcGIS.com Map 

Name: HUM - BME - Humidity

Display Field: 

Type: Feature Layer

Geometry Type: esriGeometryPoint
BrankoIlic2
New Contributor

I'm sorry, but I can't remember that I've published it at all, just shared. How that geometry field can be switched of?
Actually, I need to show data from this layer on the popup from other layer, can it be done on ArcGIS Online?

0 Kudos
BrankoIlic2
New Contributor

Can anyone please tell me does geometry field can be switched of in ArcGIS Online?
And how to change that geometry field in ArcGIS Online?

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Probably the best thing to do at this moment, if you have access to the source data, is to check them in Desktop, see if the data draws and republish the data to ArcGIS Online. Not sure if you need to have the geometry field switched on, but it wouldn't hurt to make sure it is switched on. 

0 Kudos
BrankoIlic2
New Contributor

But I don't have ArcGIS Desktop, just ArcGIS Online account.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Do you have access to the original data? Can you share it? Did you publish the data or is someone else responsible for publishing the data? If so, please contact the publisher and work with this person to correct the published data.

0 Kudos