Can a Chart show me values from the points found in a Polygon

10-27-2022 07:51 AM
Labels (1)
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I have never had much luck getting charts to do what I want but trying again.  Main thing I do not get is having charts in a popup.  It is just the one feature, which means one value, so what would I show in say a pie chart?  I don't get it.

Like this

DougBrowning_0-1666882266660.png

Anyway in a new project I am using FeatureSet and Intersects to grab all the points found in a polygon.  My users would like a pie chart breakdown of the values found in all the points in the polygon.  Seems like a common use case.  For example if there are 50 points with 5 different values total - show me a pie chart of those 5 values with percent.  But I cannot figure out a way to do this.

Can I create an arcade that returns a Feature Set?  Or maybe a comma separated list.  Pie charts only seem to take numerical values but text values seems a better fit.  What am I missing here?  I pie chart of double values seems weird.

I also tried a chart for the whole map but that does not seem to respond to zooming which is pretty weird.

We kinda got something in Ops but I want it in the map.

Open to any ideas.  How are people using Charts?  Thanks

I found this from 2013 so it has to be around by now right?  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-ideas/use-pie-chart-and-graph-symbolization-on-points/id...

0 Kudos
0 Replies