Call an external REST API from features on web app

08-24-2021 12:29 AM
IsaacBoates
New Contributor

I am trying to build a web application in which I will have to use data from features on the map to call an external REST API (not a feature layer or anything like that, just an external API). The data returned then needs to be visualized as various types of graphs.

I would like to have some more direct control over how the graphs are created and so I want to get access to the source code, but I cannot find a way to download the application for direct editing.

I have messed around with the various web app creation functionality on our organizations arcgis online portal but I cannot find a way to do this.

How can I create a graph using an external REST API call using attributes from features? I will probably have to manually parse the response JSON. I expect that I would probably have to modify the source code directly, so how can I do that?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IsaacBoates
New Contributor

So is it not possible? I thought I would be able to do this since it is quite trivial in something like Leaflet or OpenLayers, kind of disappointing if it is in fact no possible...

0 Kudos