Automatically refresh table in the new map viewer?

Jump to solution
08-04-2021 04:36 PM
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

I see that I can set an refresh interval for layers in the new map viewer. 

forestknutsen1_0-1628120095706.png

But I don't see the option for a refresh interval in properties for tables? Is this feature missing?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ZaraMatheson
Esri Contributor

Hi! Refresh interval is not available for tables yet, but it will be included in a future release. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ZaraMatheson
Esri Contributor

Hi, Yes, labels authored in new MV should still display in Classic! (Some of the fonts are not supported though).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ZaraMatheson
Esri Contributor

Hi! Refresh interval is not available for tables yet, but it will be included in a future release. 

0 Kudos
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Zara. Thanks for the feedback. What I am trying to do is create a dashboard with a point layer that with refresh and two tables that will also refresh. In addition to this I want one "back ground" polygon layer (made from an uploaded shapefile) with labels configured.

This morning I configured labels for the polygon in map viewer and then opened it up in map viewer classic. To my surprise the labels persisted in classic! Is this a supported work flow?

0 Kudos
ZaraMatheson
Esri Contributor

Hi, Yes, labels authored in new MV should still display in Classic! (Some of the fonts are not supported though).

0 Kudos
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

Great thanks! I was able to set my table refresh in the classic then do the label is the new viewer. I checked the json for the map when I was done and the refresh interval was retained. So, it looks like I can have the best of both worlds.

0 Kudos
Arnon
by
New Contributor

I encountered the same problem and came across this thread. Indeed the option to set interval is missing for tables in the interface, but you can set it using the ArcGIS Online Assistant. It is explained in this thread for layers, but it works the same for tables.

0 Kudos
DrewMoffitt
New Contributor II

Using that thread to explain the AGO-Assistant, use the following format to add a refresh to a table for the new map viewer.

1) Locate the tables in the JSON.

2) Add a comma behind the "itemid" item as pointed out with the up vertical arrow below.

3) Enter a new line and add "refreshInterval":0.1 as shown below with the horizontal arrow below.

DrewMoffitt_0-1648760317286.png

0 Kudos