Select to view content in your preferred language

attribute alias

01-28-2016 04:36 AM
mikeatkinson
Deactivated User

Trying to use the Edit widget in a Web Map App built through Builder.

Data is a zipped shapefile of attributed polygons uploaded to ArcGIS Online from which a Feaure Service has been created.

I can configure the Pop Up box to include attributes - with alternative (Alias) names manually in the configuration box. Interrogating features - the popup displays correctly. (Pic 1)

When however I open the Edit Widget - this displays fields with the Attribute Field names defined in the Feature Service.

Using the "Configure Attributes" tool - I can rename the Alias fields - (and turn off fields I don't need editors to see) however the changed Alias names are not displayed to users in the Editor Pop Up window - which defaults to the Feature Service names (Pic 2)

Am I missing something obvious......

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Can you post a screenshot of the Edit widget configuration dialog that you're using so we can see what you see?

0 Kudos
mikeatkinson
Deactivated User

This is the configuration screen. Example is I wish to have the Field Alias Information_1 rather than NOTES_2 (which is the attribute field name) - This isn't coming through into the Editor window though.

Pic3.PNG

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

hmmm, is there a way for you to share a screenshot of the Edit widget configuration to see if there is some kind of option there that needs to be looked at?

0 Kudos
mikeatkinson
Deactivated User

Well - will you look at that.

I thought I had clicked everywhere possible but it turns out a double click on the Alias field in this configuration window allows you to Edit the Alias name field (it isn't obvious that that option is there....)

Renamed as required - re- saved the App - refreshed and......

..........all working.

I obviously just needed to ask someone 😉

Many thanks

Pic4.PNG

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Great! Glad to know it is working for you.