ArcGIS Web Application pop up does not show

Jump to solution
01-12-2022 02:07 AM
e_cat
by
New Contributor III

A user is currently having issues when viewing a pop up in a web application, although it seems to be working OK with other users. The pop up is coming up in a different format with no attributes showing and when expanding, it won't allow them to scroll.

e_cat_1-1641981799658.png

They are using an up to date version of Chrome and pop up's are enabled, but it happens when clicking on any layer in the web application, even when they're shared to the whole organisation. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

That's the style for popups on mobile devices. It also appears on PC if the Browser window is small. Try maximizing the Chrome window.

Have a great day!
Johannes

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

That's the style for popups on mobile devices. It also appears on PC if the Browser window is small. Try maximizing the Chrome window.

Have a great day!
Johannes
e_cat
by
New Contributor III

Just tried it on mine and that's the cause, so simple! Thank you

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I've seen this myself many times in web apps and had no idea of the root cause of the issue.  Do you know if there is any ESRI documentation that explains this phenomenon?

0 Kudos
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

Only thing I can find right now:

https://developers.arcgis.com/web-appbuilder/guide/xt-app-url-parameters-for-dev.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_0... 

The app supports two styles of layout based on the screen size. One is for desktop and one is for mobile devices. When either the height or width of a screen display is less than 600 pixels, the mobile layout is applied automatically. However, this may result in unexpected behavior when the app is embedded in a website. For example, the pop-up in the website changes to the mobile layout style. To control the layout style, use mobileBreakPoint=<pixel number>. For example, you can remain in desktop style until the screen size is less than 300 pixels, as shown below:

https://<your app>/?mobileBreakPoint=300

Have a great day!
Johannes
0 Kudos