ArcGIS Online zoom in  beyond 1:1250?

02-06-2014 12:01 PM
Josef_Strobl
Occasional Contributor
working with an image service published from ArcGIS Server, I cannot zoom in further into this 2-3cm resolution image, even though no min/max visibility scales are set. Is there any 'hard' limit? Any way around this? thanks for any pointers!
Tags (2)
17 Replies
JeffPace
MVP Alum

Perfect.  Using a tiling scheme works as well.  If you found my post helpful, please mark it as helpful or as answered.

0 Kudos
AdamInglis
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Jeff, I was looking for the helpful or answered option for your last post, but the best I could do was Like it.  Maybe because I hijacked Josef's discussion I don't have permissions to mark it answered.

DavidJenkins
New Contributor III

Yes I believe you need to be the author of the post to mark it as answered.  My only options are like, reply or report as abuse...  But, it was very helpful.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum

All good thank you

0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum

Timothy Hales‌ so here is a situation where its an old migrated post that we finally got sorted out and now need to mark as answered.  How do we do that ? Jim Barry

0 Kudos
JimBarry
Esri Regular Contributor

Working on it.  Details:

One of the good things about vBulletin was that every thread and every post had its own unique URL. We used that in order to move stuff over and fully redirect everything. We have a database of all reply posts that were marked as the answer (the green check mark) either by the original poster, and MVP, or a Moderator. We have to get that information moved over asap. Until then it's not even possible for us to manually mark them one-off unfortunately.

0 Kudos
RobCahalan
New Contributor III

I know this is an old thread but this was very helpful. I found my tiling scheme file under C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.5\TilingSchemes and added in the few lines of xml noted above. I am uploading UAV imagery to ArcGIS Online and kept running in the zoom issue until I found this...Thanks!

JeffWard1
Occasional Contributor

ArcGIS Pro tiling schemes are found at "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\TilingSchemes"

#LOD #TilingSchemes

0 Kudos