ArcGIS Online REST page limits the list of services to 100 elements?

Jump to solution
07-27-2017 03:36 AM
AlessandroValra
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I have many tile layers in my AGOL.

I just found out that accessing the REST directory (which is like "https://tiles.arcgis.com/tiles/

/arcgis/rest/services?token=[TOKEN]"), I don't see some of them. I can confirm those services do exist, are present in "My Content", and all work fine in the map viewer.

Strangely, the list of tile service in the REST folder is exactly 100, but I am sure I have more. Is the REST page limiting the number to a maximum (i.e. 100)? Can it be increased so that I can actually see my whole services?

I have also noticed that at the very bottom of each MapServer page in REST, there is a list of Tile Servers.

Mine is like:

Just as a side note, I have 119 Tile Layers in my AGOL.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thanks Alessandro,

Due to some architectural reasons, browsing a full list of hosted tiled services through tiles.arcgis.com won't result in a complete list. There is logic written into ArcGIS Online and the Search API, to provide a mechanism to query this information through REST API calls or through the ArcGIS.com user interface.

Are you looking to browse through a list, at which point would a scoped item type search in ArcGIS Online work?

Are you looking to interact with the list of tile services programatically? If so, I suggest submitting a query through the search API.

Let me now if you have any questions or more details about how you will use the information if any of these options won't work for your purposes.

-Kelly

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KellyGerrow

HI Alessandro Valra‌,

There is no paging capabilities through tiles.arcgis.com. The best way to problematically search for your content hosted in ArcGIS Online is using the search through the REST API and specifying the item type in the query.

Search:

ArcGIS REST API 

Common Query Parameters:

ArcGIS REST API 

Items and Item Types:

ArcGIS REST API 

Can you provide some additional information about what you would like to be able to do by querying all of the services through the tiles.arcgis.com?

-Kelly

AlessandroValra
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Kelly Gerrow‌ for the feedback, and sorry for the late reply (I didn't see it...).

Well, I'd simply like to list all the tiles that I have in my AGOL, but I could not do it so far because I only see a sort of "limited part of the entire list".

Just to be precise, my request is in the form:

http://tiles.arcgis.com/tiles/<SERVER_CODE>/arcgis/rest/services?f=json&pretty=true&token=<MY_TOKEN>

The response I get is a JSON containing information of the tile services in my AGOL (along with "server", "id", "serviceItemId", "name", "type", "url", "created", "cacheKey"), but the number of the list is always 100, but I have more in my AGOL.

I can confirm I have more by going in arcgis.com -> my_contents, choose "all personal content" and filter by "Layer" and "Tile Layer". Actually I have 185 tile layers at the moment.

If I try to enter the details page from AGOL of one of these which is not listed in the JSON response, I can access its REST page. From the same REST interface, if I come back one level to the "home" page (where all tile layers should be listed), I cannot see this same layer, and I can only see 100 (as in my JSON response).

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Thanks Alessandro,

Due to some architectural reasons, browsing a full list of hosted tiled services through tiles.arcgis.com won't result in a complete list. There is logic written into ArcGIS Online and the Search API, to provide a mechanism to query this information through REST API calls or through the ArcGIS.com user interface.

Are you looking to browse through a list, at which point would a scoped item type search in ArcGIS Online work?

Are you looking to interact with the list of tile services programatically? If so, I suggest submitting a query through the search API.

Let me now if you have any questions or more details about how you will use the information if any of these options won't work for your purposes.

-Kelly