ArcGIS Online: Pop-up show up as mobile on desktop

Jump to solution
06-17-2016 11:49 AM
DanPrice
New Contributor II

Hi all !

I have users getting mobile pop-ups when they click for information using web apps on their desktop internet browser.  Maps created in AGOL with web app builder. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for certain users

or type of web browsers, or which web app they are using.  The mobile pop ups seem to come up one day, and come up as regular pop ups the next.

Anyone experience this or know a cause?  Or, better yet, a solution?

Thanks & Happy GISing!

Dan

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dan,

This is normal behavior based on the users screen size. I can see this if you take your browser that is displaying popups as normal and resize the browser window that at a certain point (I'm not 100% sure the numbers) but the app will switch to using a mobile popup.

View solution in original post

30 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dan,

This is normal behavior based on the users screen size. I can see this if you take your browser that is displaying popups as normal and resize the browser window that at a certain point (I'm not 100% sure the numbers) but the app will switch to using a mobile popup.

DanPrice
New Contributor II

Thanks Rob

Have a great weekend!

Dan

0 Kudos
BenArril1
New Contributor II

Hi there, Is there any way to turn this forced mobile view off? I'm embedding the web-app built app in a website and the size is forcing the mobile pop-up. It's not as visually pleasing or as functional and I would like to turn it off. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Ben

0 Kudos
JackieMules
New Contributor

Hi Ben,

Did you manage to solve the issue with the mobile pop-up, I'm having the same problem.

Cheers

Jackie

0 Kudos
BenArril1
New Contributor II

Hi Jackie,

No. Web appbuilder apps seem to automatically switch to the mobile pop-ups at a certain window size. You can test it by resizing your browser window. If you embed this into a website, you have to make sure that you hit the right size. It's really unfortunate as it would work just fine in the non-mobile view. Interestingly enough, you can embed a normal AGO map into the same size and have no forced mobile pop-up and the same goes for story maps. Let me know if you figure out a solution.

Ben

0 Kudos
FlavieMORAUX1
Occasional Contributor

If you want to turn off PopupMobile you must use web appbuilder developer edition and adapt code source as follows:

Open file \jimu.js\MapManager.js

Look for resetInfoWindow function 

Turn variable isMobileInfoWindow to true:

resetInfoWindow: function(isNewMap) {
   if(isNewMap){
   this._mapInfoWindow = this.map.infoWindow;
   if(this._mapMobileInfoWindow){
   this._mapMobileInfoWindow.destroy();
   }
   this._mapMobileInfoWindow = new PopupMobile(null, html.create("div", null, null, this.map.root));

this.isMobileInfoWindow = true;

In this way PopupMobile will never be used.

BenArril1
New Contributor II

Thanks Flavie! When you customize using WebAppBuilder Dev Edition does it need to be hosted?

Ben

0 Kudos
FlavieMORAUX1
Occasional Contributor

If your question is webapp should be hosted ? Then the answer is yes.
With webapp builder Developer you need to host webapp on your own server.

BenArril1
New Contributor II

Thanks Flavie,

Unfortunately, I don't have access to a web server, only AGO but this is good to know to move us forward!

Take Care,

Ben