Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Online not giving me the option to convert zipped file to feature layer - shapefile doesn't show up in my content

07-20-2024 11:56 AM
Labels (2)
sageblock
New Contributor

Hello!

I am trying to upload a simple shapefile of village boundaries to my arcgis online account. I uploaded the zipped shapefile, but when I go to upload the file to my content, AGOL does not give me the option to convert the zipped information into a feature layer. So now, I have the files uploaded in "my content", but I am not able to publish or view the layers, and when I go to "add layer" --> "my content" in map viewer, nothing shows up. How can I get these shapefiles that I uploaded to become actual layers that I can add to my map? 

Attached screenshots for reference. The shapefiles are in my content, but right now they are not useable.

(I know I can find public civil boundaries layers searching available layers in ArcGIS Online, but I would like to troubleshoot this issue for future reference and learning.)

Any help is appreciated! Thank you! 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

What type of account are you using?  Not every type of ArcGIS Online account has privileges to create a hosted feature layer.

0 Kudos