Select to view content in your preferred language

ARCGIS Online - Map Viewer vs Map Viewer Classic

09-10-2024 08:33 AM
Labels (3)
RodneyParker
Emerging Contributor

Is anyone else experiencing the issues of Map viewer requiring twice the amount of mouse clicks to perform the same task in Map Viewer Classis?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Can you elaborate on this?

0 Kudos
RodneyParker
Emerging Contributor

I have been using classic for some time and now I am being told that ESRI will no longer support Classic.  I have used Viewer and it takes more clicks than in classic.  Such as adding or editing adress points.

0 Kudos
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Correct, that has been known for a while. I do most of my editing in by bringing the layers into Pro because it is easier for me there. 

0 Kudos
ClayDonaldsonSWCA
Frequent Contributor

Not really, I would turn off classic viewer for my org if I could!

RodneyParker
Emerging Contributor

new map viewer is not user friendly for those of us that use this everyday, all day.

0 Kudos
ClayDonaldsonSWCA
Frequent Contributor

I disagree - I use it all day everyday and it's really not bad once you are used to it.

0 Kudos
Nick_Creedon
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, it is a learning curve. Like transitioning from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro, I personally forgot about my previous workflow Map Viewer Classic. You can also set the New Map Viewer as the default, so all maps start there. At the same time, if you are using Web APP Builder and or older applications, they do not like the new symbology in New Map Viewer and possibly a couple other things. Bringing your web layer into ArcGIS Pro is also very handy and could make editing easier. Once they update the new Web Editor App in AGOL that will be nice too.

0 Kudos