ArcGis Online - how to move a feature

Jump to solution
01-14-2016 10:57 AM
MelissaMitchell
New Contributor III

I'm not sure how to move a feature while editing. I can add and delete but can't move the point. I've looked at the properties and full editing has been enabled. I can't figure out how to move the feature to another location.

thank you!

49 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I can edit lines, can you share your map with my test account russrob and I can see if I can repro this issue. Also what browser are you using?

Thanks

Russ

0 Kudos
RyanClose
New Contributor III

Here's the link. The features are only demo for showing mobile mapping capabilities to another office so all of the features on the map are essentially meaningless. Feel free to edit however you like.

https://lehighgis.maps.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=37c0c4eeb2c348b4bc97c2d247e2db66

0 Kudos
RyanClose
New Contributor III

Well, I see SOMEONE has tried to edit an hour or 2 ago. They added a feature, but no other lines have moved.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

That was me checking out your map and services. Just looking into your services and I see that m values are set to true. I think this is the reason why the geometry editing is being blocked. Probably b/c editing the geometry would cause m values to be lost for that feature but I am just waiting to confirm this with a colleague right now.

0 Kudos
RyanClose
New Contributor III

Time was only set for the outfallinspections layer (point) which I was able to edit.  I just disabled it for that layer, but I'm still not able to edit line features.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

The issue is with the m values being enabled on the feature class when the feature class was created. The feature service then gets the property m values: true. You can see this at the REST endpoint of the feature service: HasM: true. The map viewer prevents the editing of geometries when the m values have been enabled b/c they do not support editing m values and the feature would lose the values on features if you edited there geometry in the map viewer.

RyanClose
New Contributor III

That would explain it. I just grabbed some layers from LGIM that were potentially relative to the project in question.  Didn't think to look for the M values.

Thanks!

MTorres
Occasional Contributor

Will future map viewer versions support m values? Any workaround suggestions? Moving them in a web app would be extremely useful. Thanks!

0 Kudos
MTorres
Occasional Contributor

bump

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Currently support this is not planned for a upcoming release.