Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Online Filter for "contains the text"

4 hours ago
Sara__
by

I'm trying to filter a layer in ArcGIS Online to only include properties that contain a certain word within the field. In ArcGIS Pro, I am able to filter this layer using the "contains the text" filter for the field, however in ArcGIS Online that option isn't available for the layer. The closest option is "includes". Using the "includes" filter won't work for my situation because it requires manual selection of each property and I need the map to update itself as properties may be added that include the word I'm filtering for. 

One possible workaround may be creating an Arcade expression to style the layer, however my attempts have not worked. I've tried using the following expression: CONTAINS($feature.field, 'word')

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

Are you using the Filter configuration in the current Map Viewer, or trying to set a filter from somewhere else?  I can see this for text fields:

Screenshot 2024-07-22 114729.png

0 Kudos
Sara__
by

Yes, I'm trying to use the filter in Map Viewer. For some reason I'm not getting contains the text as an option to filter. The following are my only options:

Sara___1-1721660009617.png

0 Kudos
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

Is it possible the field you're looking at is a numeric field with a domain/list applied, and not a true text field?  This type of configuration would give you that list of operators.

Sara__
by

I'm not sure. In the field information, it's displaying as a string field type.

0 Kudos