ArcGIS Online - credits remaining totals

03-22-2022 07:50 AM
DarrenLloyd__DOIT
New Contributor III

We are having a tough time tracking our organizations total "credits remaining." As an administrator in the organization I can see the Status dashboard,  however this only tracks the credit usage. We occasionally need to purchase additional credits for our users and we have no way to monitor when these credits have been applied to our organization. Has anyone found a way to track the historic "credits remaining" totals?

8 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello Darren,

If you click on the "View status" link in the credit summary section, you will see a report dashboard where you can click on the blue tabs to view by application or change the dates to view a certain time frame, etc. (see pic below for link location)

ABishop_0-1647968538912.png

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
DarrenLloyd__DOIT
New Contributor III

Thank you Amanda for replying. The method you described gives me a good look at the credit usage over time. However I am looking for a way to track the Total Credits Remaining. Example - - we should have received 10,000 additional credits on March 1st but I can't discover a way to investigate the Total credits remaining for that day to make sure we received them.

DarrenLloyd__DOIT__0-1647970814752.png

ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

This could be an idea?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
DarrenLloyd__DOIT
New Contributor III

Agreed. If I can't find a crowd sourced solution I will create an ArcGIS Idea post. Thanks! 

PortalAdmin1
New Contributor II

Hey Darren, 

Any chance you found a solution here. I am looking for the same functionality - a chart of total remaining credits instead of credit usage and am not having any luck.

Thanks,

Emil

0 Kudos
DarrenLloyd__DOIT
New Contributor III

Emil

We did not find a solution to this issue. Esri Support Staff indicated the solution is not on their roadmap for the future. 

Darren

0 Kudos
EllenNodwell_IntegraShare
Occasional Contributor

Well, I just had an unhappy surprise related to this today 😞

As the effort to see how many credits are remaining is still manual and requires steps whereby one has to LOG IN and look at the dashboard to view credit usage - not helpful or handy, and there is nothing that sends out an alert (no way to figure this that I can find - please help me if there is), so if your balance dips below zero, it puts your site into "restricted" status until you get out there to buy credits and that takes time, which means your site is broken until this process of ordering, fulfilling, and supplying credits again takes place.

Maybe a workaround with credit budgeting?  I haven't tried this yet, since mostly, we have only 1-2 users doing anything on the site that would consume credits... I'm the admin and the main user...

Why is there not an alert setting for administrators for if the site wide credit balance dips down below a threshold set by the admin, enabling the admin to top up before the site breaks? 

If everyone's favorite coffee company can do this 🤔 real-time with an automatic re-charge capability on the fly... seems like it should be possible 😉

In the meantime, I await the wheels to turn on the transaction so that I an get my site out of jail... 

Any help would be appreciated.  If anyone thinks of anything clever we can do in the meantime that doesn't involve logging in to view the dashboard every morning, please let us know!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
vnixon
by
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

There is an Idea open related to this if you'd like to upvote it: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-ideas/credit-status-page-include-addition-of-credits/idi....

Thanks so much,

Veronica

0 Kudos