ArcGIS app: Field Maps for mapping?

05-16-2022 03:04 AM
Labels (2)
nikeldas
New Contributor

Hello dear people,

I have to map vegetation for a university thesis and would have done it now with ArcGIS (we have a campus license). It's mainly about points and polygons that I have to draw in (and provide with short info).

On the computer I now have ArcMap 10.8 and I thought instead of manually mapping the different areas and then afterwards transfer it to the GIS I could use the mobile app "ArcGIS field".
This turns out to be much more complicated than I thought.
I assumed that I could access my local computer project from my smartphone (android) by uploading it to a cloud.

Have now created a new map via ArcGIS online with the corresponding important shapefiles. But now I can not create new shapes, nor alter existing shapes/points.
Also the "markups" that I can make directly in the app, I can not load vice versa in the cloud and thus in my local "master project".
Does anyone know anything about this and can help me? How would you guys proceed?

On the Esri website I only read something about "editable projects", for which you probably need ArcGIS Server? But that would definitely be too much effort for me.
Thaaaanks so much for helping me with that!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

0 Kudos
0 Replies