Select to view content in your preferred language

Arcade - Parse Error: feasuresetbyname is not available

Jump to solution
01-16-2019 04:10 PM
LiqiongSong1
New Contributor II

Hi I tried to use the new function FeatureSetByName in a Demo ArcGIS Online Map, and got below the errors, featuresetbyname is not available. 

Then I tried it in Portal for ArcGIS and got below the error: Execution Error. 

Does anybody have the same problem? any suggestions?

Thanks all

11 Replies
Scott_Sambell
Occasional Contributor

Hi Aarjen

We have been through a few workarounds.  We were using the Join Feature method (which doesn't work offline so we had to create an offline replica of the feature service using a dodgy ArcPro model), then we started using a mix between a scheduled ArcPro model and Geoevent Server to keep a cached feature service updated and we could almost keep everything updated in near real time but Geoevent server is wildly unreliable so we ended up having to reboot it everyday just to keep it going so, now we are finally using FME, running as frequently as the machine can possibly handle with a single engine to update extra fields in the parent that are populated by the most attributes from the most recent record in the child table to symbolise and label the parent features.

Its insane but this issue has taken up a good proportion of my adult life and i still can't understand why this isn't Esri's highest priority to provide a solution for out-of-the-box.

Scott
LindsaySpencer
New Contributor III

@Scott_Sambell and anyone else interested, please kudos if you are still needing this functionality here!

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-ideas/update-arcade-profiles-to-include-visualization/id...