Arcade - Parse Error: feasuresetbyname is not available

Jump to solution
01-16-2019 04:10 PM
LiqiongSong1
New Contributor II

Hi I tried to use the new function FeatureSetByName in a Demo ArcGIS Online Map, and got below the errors, featuresetbyname is not available. 

Then I tried it in Portal for ArcGIS and got below the error: Execution Error. 

Does anybody have the same problem? any suggestions?

Thanks all

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Where are you trying to apply this expression? Is it in symbology or in the label expression? If so the FeatureSetBy* functions are not available there. Another aspect to validate is the type of layer you want to do this on.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
XanderBakker

Where are you trying to apply this expression? Is it in symbology or in the label expression? If so the FeatureSetBy* functions are not available there. Another aspect to validate is the type of layer you want to do this on.

LiqiongSong1
New Contributor II

The layers are polygon and point feature class.

And I tired to use the function on 'Change Style' -- 'New Expression' and 'Create Labels' - 'New Expression'.

Could you please tell me where can I use the function in Web Map?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
LiqiongSong1
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply, and I tried it in Pop up, it works fine, so it's just not available in symbol or label...

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

That is correct. You can however symbolize a layer on a field created using FeatureSetBy* functions. To achieve this you should add the field and do a field claculation. The downside is that it will not be dynamic.

LiqiongSong1
New Contributor II

Oh, thanks, will try it on! 

0 Kudos
JLBlair
New Contributor II

Hi Xander, can you point me to an example where you "symbolize a layer on a field created using FeatureSetBy* functions" as mentioned above?  I'd like to show only those points (stations) that are in wildfire polygons.

DanieldaSilva
New Contributor

Hi Xander,

When using field calculation, are the calculations a once off or the data in the calculated field is constantly updated as the data changes?

Scott_Sambell
Occasional Contributor

Hi Xander.  When will we have access to FeatureSetBy* in labels and symbology?  Symbolising related records is the single biggest issue we have had with FieldMaps/Collector for the past 5 years and we have created some epic workarounds but none are ideal.  (Before you ask, we cannot use the Join Features (View)  function as all our work is offline enabled and Views created this way cannot be taken offline.)

Is there a feature request i can  +1 and add my workflow examples to?

Thanks.

Scott
AarjenPeeters
New Contributor

Hi @Scott_Sambell 
We are having the same problem. We also want to symbolise related records. What are your workarounds for this, as this is still an issue?
Thanks,
Aarjen