analysis tool not working

10-21-2020 04:53 AM
ZacharyRittner
New Contributor

I am a high school teacher training my students on using ArcGIS online, they all have organizational accounts. One of my students is having an issue with the analysis tool (e.g. creating viewsheds). While he has access to the analysis tool through our organization account, when he is in the analysis tool bar and prompted to designated where to save the file, there are no options listed and the drop down menu (where you could normally review your folders and select the one you want to save the file to) does not work. 

I included a screenshot from my account to try and highlight the issue. As you can see I am able to designate a save location (the folder ArcGIS online), but my student cannot, his box is blank and there are no options in the drop down menu. 

I am hoping has some insight to help adjust this issue so he can use the analysis tool again. Thanks so much!

This is a screenshot of my computer to highlight the area where my student is having trouble. You can see I was able to designate a location (ArcGIS Practice), but his box is empty and there are no options for him to select a folder to save the file to.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChristopherWindsor
New Contributor II

Did you check their login or if they have a personal login, check to make sure it was attached to the organization? After running tests, the only outcome I found that matches yours is not having access to the folder. However, they should still have access to their folder. No test resulted in access to no save location at all. I am just looking for more information here to go off.

0 Kudos
ZacharyRittner
New Contributor

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. I did double check that they were logged into their organization account and not a personal one. I know at one point yesterday I was able to recreate the issue on my account, but I was able to simply type in my username to direct the program to save in my home folder. The student claimed he was not able to do that, but I cannot confirm.

Thank you for you help, I appreciate the effort!

Zach

0 Kudos
ZacharyRittner
New Contributor

Just an update, the issue appears to be more than the student's account cannot access the analysis service even those he is listed as a "publisher". Not sure how to address that. 

0 Kudos
AdenaSchutzberg1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Zachary,

I've got a guess. And, I think I have this right:

Folders are only listed in the pulldown menu in an ArcGIS pane if they already exist in the account of the signed in user.

That is, each user has to create the folder in ArcGIS Online (in My Content) before it can appear in the pulldown. If your student did not create the folder in the student's account before doing the analysis, it will not appear in the pulldown.

Adena

0 Kudos