Select to view content in your preferred language

analysis not completing

06-30-2021 05:16 PM
JayLarsen
Occasional Contributor II

Anybody having lots of difficulty completing calculations done with analysis functions?

Very often the last few months it seems like when I kick off a calculation, drive time, aggregation, etc. it will start off fine, but never complete.  The little "working" revolver just keeps on going forever.

Often the layer will appear in the content, and looks ok, but later checks show that the calculation is wrong.  E.g. I know there's 50 dots in the area, but the incomplete layer shows only 35.  Clearly they are not completing.

I can log in and out, do lots of stuff, but it doesn't seem to help except randomly. And it is the same from work vs at home--home is on a Mac with Firefox.  Work is Chrome latest 64-bit version.

What is going on?  Today I blew about 50 credits on junk answers.  How do we fix this?

If I were to let it run for an hour or so, sometimes it will complete...but that is ridiculous.  These calculations should take maybe 30 or 45 seconds.

Thank You.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
AmandaRing
Esri Contributor

@LinusBetzler can you try running the tool using the new Map Viewer (not Map Viewer Classic) and see if you still encounter issues?
You may need to make your csv a hosted feature table when doing so.

As mentioned in a previous reply, we can try to look into specific failures, but we would need the jobIDs for the failed or stalled analysis jobs. If you open up the browser's developer tools to the network tab you can see this ID, and supply it to your analyst through a Support case (or send me a private message).

Amanda
Product Engineer - Web Analysis
0 Kudos
JayLarsen
Occasional Contributor II

Sadly, this just seems to be something that happens from time to time. Often doing the same thing from different browser, or from home vs work net randomly works or not works.

I haven't had a recurrence of this in a long while--I hope it stays away permanently!!!

If you look at the whole thread, sometimes ESRI knows they had a spot problem, and fix it.

I've had this problem on fancy "hard" analyses and stuff as generic as making a drive-time plot.

It's weird.

Good luck!

0 Kudos