An error occurred. Check your internet connection and try again.

07-30-2019 06:20 AM
GauravChadha
New Contributor

Hi All,

I created file geodatabase using ArcGIS Pro 2.4 and imported it in arcgis developers to create the layers. While importing file geodatbase, i am getting the below error.

FYI. I checked in my system and respective browsers as well, TLS protocol is enabled.

Anyone has ideas on this?

An error occurred. Check your internet connection and try again.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JaredPoe1
New Contributor III

Hi Gauruv,

Am I correct in assuming that you've tried uploading the fgdb on different browsers as well with the same result? If so, have you attempted uploading the fgdb from a different machine or from another network? Have you cleared the browser cache on your primary browser?

Do you run into issues uploading all items at the moment (including other fgdb's, individual layers, etc.) or only this specific fgdb? Also, are you importing the data using the 'Add Item' option in ArcGIS Online, or are you attempting to publish directly from ArcGIS Pro? I would recommend trying both ways to see if the functionality is consistent.

Do you have appropriate permissions/user role within your AGOL organization?

Best,

Jared

0 Kudos
GauravChadha
New Contributor

Hi Jared Poe,

Thanks for having a look into it and for replying. Please find below the answers for your queries:

1) I tried with IE and chrome and got the same error in both the browsers. But i did not clear the cache in browsers. With cache clear, i will check it and will let you know.

2) I installed the free version of arcgis pro latest version and created the file geodatabase in my windows machine.

i imported the only fgdb into arcgis developers in browsers. I am not importing it in arcgis online.

Note: i am getting this issue with fgdb only. I am not getting this issue while importing shape files or geojson files or csv files.

3)  I am able to open that file fgdb in QGIS and it seems fine to me.

4) i am not aware about  AGOL organization 

Kindly let me know if you have any more ideas on this.

Thanks,

Gaurav

0 Kudos
JaredPoe1
New Contributor III

Hi Gaurav, 

My apologies, I misinterpreted ArcGIS for Developers as your ArcGIS Online content page. This is interesting. I just tried the workflow you mentioned at the link below and received the same error message. Is this link the location where you are attempting to upload data?

https://developers.arcgis.com/layers/new

However, I only received this error with an unzipped file geodatabase. If you zip up your fgdb and try it, is it successful? Seemed to work on my end.

Best,

Jared

0 Kudos
GauravChadha
New Contributor

Hi Jared Poe,

Yes this is the link only where i am trying to import the data. 

https://developers.arcgis.com/layers/new

I am getting the error with both unzipped and zipped file geodatabase.

With zipped file, i am getting the error after 2 or 3 steps. I mean first, i upload the zip and then click on settings

and then click on create layer and it gives me the error that time.

If you are able to import zip fgdb file successfully, could you please let me know what are the steps you followed while    zipping fgdb?

Thanks,

Gaurav

0 Kudos