Select to view content in your preferred language

All of my Layers Disappeared from GIS Online map

02-23-2023 09:19 AM
JessicaBurton
New Contributor II

I was making a map on ArcGisOnline and Fieldmaps designer. Out of nowhere, all of my layers disappeared from the map. I have no idea why this happened. I had just updated one field on Fieldmaps designer, however, I had done this many times before with no issue. 

Thank you,

Jess

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi @JessicaBurton 

I have a few questions to try and understand the behavior further:

- Could you please elaborate on the workflow you were performing when this issue happened?
- What type of update was made to the field?
- Were any changes being made simultaneously in the Field Maps Designer and the Map Viewer when this happened?
- How many layers were in the map originally before this happened?

Thank you

-Kevin

0 Kudos
JessicaBurton
New Contributor II

Hi Kevin,

- A coworker was testing the map on fieldmaps on my phone and realized that a field was a write-in field and not a dropdown/combo box. I went into GISonline fieldmaps designer app and realized that I had two fields made, but had deleted one. I re-added the combo box field and deleted the write-in field and saved. When she re-loaded the map, the layers were all gone.

-See above, but I added a field that had previously been removed but was still available and deleted a field currently on the form.

-No changes were being made on map viewer, but I may have had it opened and it was being used in the app. 

-There were 13 layers- 7 editable and 6 reference

Thank you!

Jess

0 Kudos