Select to view content in your preferred language

How to Allow Portal Layer Data to be Exported in AGOL

Jump to solution
02-23-2023 06:43 AM
StormwaterAdmin
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have a hosted feature layer in Portal and created a layer in ArcGIS Online from it. I stored my credentials when I created the layer in ArcGIS Online. I also have the "Allow others to export" toggle on in the settings in Portal. I am still unable to see the export data option on the layer in ArcGIS online. Is there any way to fix this? I want to be able to allow users in my ArcGIS Online organization that don't have a Portal account to export the data.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Clubdebambos
Occasional Contributor III

I put this question to ESRI before, and the outcome was that you could not export a Portal service from AGOL. To achieve this you can....

• add to ArcGIS Pro and export.
  • use ArcPy to extract as various filetypes. 

Not the answer I was hoping for or expecting. Very interested to hear if anything has changed and if it is possible to export directly from AGOL.

~ learn.finaldraftmapping.com

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Clubdebambos
Occasional Contributor III

I put this question to ESRI before, and the outcome was that you could not export a Portal service from AGOL. To achieve this you can....

• add to ArcGIS Pro and export.
  • use ArcPy to extract as various filetypes. 

Not the answer I was hoping for or expecting. Very interested to hear if anything has changed and if it is possible to export directly from AGOL.

~ learn.finaldraftmapping.com