All layers referencing csv's published from Google Drive disconnected.

449
6
02-03-2020 02:49 PM
LawrenceHoffman
New Contributor II

In my current position at a small non-profit, I have built many maps connecting csv's published from Google Drive to AGOL webmaps. This is effective and efficient for me and my org since all maps and apps built this way automatically update when the original table is edited. 

Unfortunately, I went to use one of these maps today and realized that the published csv could no longer be accessed by the map. What's worse is that the issue was not limited to just the one table, but to all tables published from Google Drive to AGOL maps. When I began investigating the issue, I found that all of the tables were no longer published in G-Drive settings for some reason. When I attempt to republish a csv and connect it to the map, I received the error message:

The CSV, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTl_s792qua8nB5HEx6CAlZWEAdDMkpvhnsnadTFi3eao85lRH0AgrFgyTIu0qEPf-9J1snec9yeTCn/pub?gid=0&single=true&output=csv, is not accessible and cannot be added to the map.

These are all tables that I had successfully published, referenced in maps and built applications on. The workflow itself is very clear to me, or at least it was...

Does anyone know why all of these connections to published csv's would break at the same time? and why I would not be able to just repeat the process of publishing and adding the published csv to the map to fix the problem? 

This has undone a devastating amount of work. I'd be really grateful for any guidance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Peter_Klingman
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lawrence Hoffman‌,

Thanks for the post here. Development is aware of this issue and is looking to get a fix out as soon as possible. You can subscribe to the two related BUGs here. 

The temporary workaround is to download the Google Sheet as a local CSV, then upload the CSV file manually via the ArcGIS Online Content tab. 

I hope this helps, and I will update the thread once the fix is out. 

Thanks,

-Peter

TobyJacobs2
New Contributor II

Hi Peter - 

Thanks for the info. With the workaround method, is there a way to connect the downloaded/uploaded CSV to the existing layer to access all of the formatting so that the latter doesn't have to be redone from scratch?

Thanks,

Toby 

Peter_Klingman
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Toby,

Since overwriting the layer can only occur from the connected cloud drive, the best option I can think of here is to copy and paste the renderer information from the existing service admin endpoint to the newly published layer (from Overview > scroll to bottom of page > URL > View > click the layer (0) > then insert "admin" between rest/services > Update service definition > copy/paste in the old renderer > change lastEditDate to "" > Save). 

You can use ArcGIS Online Assistant  to do the same thing with pop-up configuration. If your formatting is at the Web Map level, you'll want to use ArcGIS Online assistant for both symbology and pop-ups. 

In both cases, please be wary that mistakes made when editing JSON can break/corrupt layers, Web Maps and apps, and this is not a workflow I would recommend for regular use. However if you need to do this for a few layers right now it makes sense. I know this is an inconvenience and will update this thread as soon as a fix is pushed out. 

Thanks,

-Peter

0 Kudos
LawrenceHoffman
New Contributor II

OK, Peter. Thank you for filling me in. I'll subscribe to the BUGs and wait for more info.

0 Kudos
Peter_Klingman
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the response on this Lawrence - don't hesitate to reach out with any questions in the meantime. 

0 Kudos
Peter_Klingman
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lawrence Hoffman‌ & Toby Jacobs‌ ~

Both of the above BUGs have been fixed and Google Sheet workflows are again working as expected. 

Thanks,

-Peter