AGOL replica removal

Jump to solution
07-19-2015 09:09 PM
JustinFritz1
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to update two feature services that belong to one map.  All hosted on AGOL.

I have previously never had any trouble however I now get an error right at the end that says:

"Packaging succeeded, but publishing failed. Service cannot be overwritten if Sync is enabled and Replicas exist"

This map can be taken offline in Collector.  I assume this means that someone has synced the map on their iPad and I cannot overwrite the feature services until they remove that sync.

Is it possible to see which user has the map synced so I can contact them or can I just override the lock somehow?

Neither of these feature services are editable. So overriding the lock won't orphan any data.

I have looked online and it appears you can do both if you are using a server but no mention of it if everything is hosted on AGOL.

Thanks

23 Replies
Sveinung_Bertnes_Råheim
New Contributor III

Hi!
I got it work. But I am not 100% sure why it started working. What I could see, was that after I at removed the replicas from the service, the link to replicas was still there. And I continued to get an error while trying to overwrite and then update the feature service. In some way, it seemed like ArcGIS online still thought there were replicas. The next day, the replicas-link was gone and I could successfully update the service. So to get it work, not only, the replicas must be removed manually, but the link should not be in the service description at all.

I dont know if this was of any help, but this is how it is right now.

deleted-user-M0V5-IqusbtS
New Contributor III

Same on this end - I have several users who need to checkout and sync data multiple times per day and if removing the replica via Collector 'Manage' process leaves the replicas on the server (and seemingly prohibits the user from pulling down another checkout), the AGOL/Collector tools are not currently viable for our workflow needs.  Also would be great if we could load our own tile packages onto an SD card to use as on-device background data so that we don't have to pull down large NAIP imagery raster tiles each time we change AOI.

0 Kudos
SveinungRaheim
Occasional Contributor

OK, I have already contacted the norwegian esri-distributor. Hope they can help. I can of course create a new service, but then I need to update 6 different webmaps that use this service.
And I hoped to avoid that. I update this service on a weekly basis, so I need to get it work.

0 Kudos
PaulDavidson1
Occasional Contributor III

Starting with 10.5.1, you can use a * for the replicaID to be removed to remove all replicas on Portal or AGOL (I assuem AGOL, I'm looking at Feature servics on a Portal.)

However, I cannot figure out the REST interface to just call this from an endpoint as discussed on: https://developers.arcgis.com/rest/services-reference/enterprise/unregister-replica-feature-service-...

I think, the issue is sending a POST from the url.  I believe a GET is the default.  Back to writing python code or JS I guess.

0 Kudos