AGOL Print - Basic Viewer Template

Jump to solution
09-10-2014 03:21 PM
JeffWard
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

I am in the process of transitioning a few flex viewer web apps over to AGOL web apps.  I have everything working except the print functionality.  I have seen several posts that have had problems but no resolutions.  When I replace the default print task with my print task on our ArcGIS Server that works in the flex viewer apps, I get not results and no errors.  The print templates I have to choose from are still those associated with the default Esri print service.  When I choose one of those templates, the print button changes to say "Printing" for a short period, then it changes back to "Print", no link to get my printout.

I am using a print task created using this tutorial (which works in my flex app).

Thanks,

Jeff Ward

Summit County GIS

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Ok the problem is because your print service uses different layout options. To display the custom layout options for your service configure the template using the 'Configure App' button and check the 'Display all Layout Options' checkbox at the very bottom of the config panel. Once you save it should show your custom layout options and the print should work.

Screen Shot 2014-09-11 at 10.33.00 AM.png

View solution in original post

17 Replies
KellyHutchins

Jeff,

Can you try running the print task from the application with the developer tools open to see if any error messages are generated. If your app is public can you send the link?

0 Kudos
JeffWard

Kelly,

Thanks for the response.  Here is the link to my app.

I did turn on the developer window, but I didn't see any errors.  It would send a post request to my service, and that was it.  I used the Export Web Map geoprocessor tool to create my print service.  It works fine in this flex viewer app.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Jeff I can't access the map - it prompts for credentials. Can you make it public?

0 Kudos
JeffWard

Try it now.  I wasn't sharing the map it was based on as public.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

I just tested using Chrome with your app and it worked for me. Here's a screenshot of the app and the printout. Which browser + version are you using? Screen Shot 2014-09-11 at 10.24.20 AM.png

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Wait nevermind its using the default utility print service. Perhaps your org is set to disable anonymous access? If so this would prevent all non-logged in users from using your print service. Can you send me the url to your print service and I'll test it locally.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Ok the problem is because your print service uses different layout options. To display the custom layout options for your service configure the template using the 'Configure App' button and check the 'Display all Layout Options' checkbox at the very bottom of the config panel. Once you save it should show your custom layout options and the print should work.

Screen Shot 2014-09-11 at 10.33.00 AM.png

JeffWard

That helped, but the imagery/basemap doesn't end up in the printout image.  Any ideas?

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Works for me in the latest version of Chrome. Which browser are you using? 

Screen Shot 2014-09-11 at 10.59.43 AM.png