AGOL Packaging Failed

Jump to solution
11-26-2018 06:32 AM
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

At my org several users trying to publish services to AGOL are getting "Packaging failed" errors.  Is anyone else encountering this issue?  

Also if anyone else has every had this issue, how were you able to resolve the issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

It looks like the issue is caused by malware protection software, specifically in my org's case Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP), that had just been placed into production a few weeks ago.  At this point my org will try to whitelist specific file types such as .sd to exempt them from the AMP scan to see if that fixes the ArcMap packaging failure.  Not sure if we would be able to roll-back this update as I do know that a computer that does not have the AMP software enabled is still able to publish services to AGOL from ArcMap without the packaging failure.

ESRI support has indeed mentioned on other unrelated threads to check antivirus software to see if that could be a root cause of issues:

https://community.esri.com/thread/214083-opening-the-selected-arcgis-project-failed-this-project-was... 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Using Fiddler I see no 400 errors during the publishing process, but the Geoprocessing Results display a "Workspace is not connected" error. Has anyone seen this specific error when publishing services to AGOL from ArcMap and been able to resolve the issue?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This sounds like it could be a network issue. Have you consulted with your IT department? Are you able to publish if you try from outside your network?

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

It looks like the issue is caused by malware protection software, specifically in my org's case Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP), that had just been placed into production a few weeks ago.  At this point my org will try to whitelist specific file types such as .sd to exempt them from the AMP scan to see if that fixes the ArcMap packaging failure.  Not sure if we would be able to roll-back this update as I do know that a computer that does not have the AMP software enabled is still able to publish services to AGOL from ArcMap without the packaging failure.

ESRI support has indeed mentioned on other unrelated threads to check antivirus software to see if that could be a root cause of issues:

https://community.esri.com/thread/214083-opening-the-selected-arcgis-project-failed-this-project-was... 

0 Kudos