Need Help With Best Approach For Web Application

11-27-2018 08:47 AM
ChrisHolmes
Occasional Contributor III

Good day everyone,

I have some criteria in a web application that I want to put together and I'm not sure what the best approach is to achieve our goals. Here is what I would like to be able to display:

1. Four different views of the data: This would seem to be something that be accomplished with a story map, as I want the 4 views to be in sync with each other.

2. I want to be able to filter the data based on a unique field so that we only see one ITEM (this is the unique field) at a time. I have not seen a way to do this with a story map (I would want the filter to occur across all 4 views). There is the Filter Web Application Template, but then I would be losing my four in sync views.

3. Lastly I would like to be able to zoom into the ITEM that the data is being filtered against. I did see a zoom option with the filter app template but it didn't seem to work with my map (it may have required a hosted feature service to work?). But again with the filter app, I'm losing that 'four views in sync' thing.

So those are the few things I want to be able to do. I'm not sure if it can be achieved with Web App Builder, or maybe AppStudio. Kind of stuck and spinning my wheels here. Appreciate any ideas anyone might have.

Thanks,

Chris

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
ChrisHolmes

Thanks. I will check it out.

0 Kudos
ChrisHolmes

Thanks for the suggestion. I gave it a try, it pretty much seems to work the same (and provide the same functionality) as the story map I had put together previously. I like how you can see all 4 views moving in sync together but I'm not sure if our end users would find it a bit overwhelming.

I notice (and it's the same with the story map) that when you do a search and it zooms to the item it zooms in really close. Not sure if this is a web map or mxd setting that can be changed? It just really zooms in too far.

Still unable to find a way to filter by item and still having all 4 views in sync.

Thanks for the suggestion though. Back to the drawing board...

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

Please take a look at Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS. You can add 4x different map elements and you can apply filters easily, which will work on all the map elements. For filtering and zooming in on the map displays, you can use Actions and Selectors:

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
ChrisHolmes

Great. Thanks for the pointer Derek.

0 Kudos