AGOL Filter Toggle On and Off

Jump to solution
01-06-2022 10:03 AM
ChrisSpadi
New Contributor III

Greetings,

I have a AGOL map with a hosted feature layer. There is a large filter that will automatically remove features with expired moratorium dates via 'not in last' and activity type.

I wanted to see if there is way for the end use to be able to toggle that filter on and off in Map Viewer? Instead of removing and rebuilding each time. That way they can see past expired work if needed.

Thanks. Still getting used to the new map viewer and its functionality. Trying to avoid building a custom web app map if possible.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello Chris,

So, you have  web map but you don't want to build a web app?  Your end users are using the web map to view and analyze the data?  If this is the case, you could build two views of the hosted feature layer and add them to your web map and the user could turn them on and off respectively.  Or you could create a web app from your web map and then inside the web app, there is a query widget in which you could use to set up the parameters of the filter and the user could activate the query when needed.  Neither one of these options require customization.

Amanda Bishop, GISP

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello Chris,

So, you have  web map but you don't want to build a web app?  Your end users are using the web map to view and analyze the data?  If this is the case, you could build two views of the hosted feature layer and add them to your web map and the user could turn them on and off respectively.  Or you could create a web app from your web map and then inside the web app, there is a query widget in which you could use to set up the parameters of the filter and the user could activate the query when needed.  Neither one of these options require customization.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
ChrisSpadi
New Contributor III

Thanks Amanda, I was thinking of just making two FC's, one with filter and one without. When I get some time I will explore the web app solution with the filter widget.

0 Kudos