Jump to solution
01-25-2024 08:50 AM
Labels (1)
mikAMD
by
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Sorry for the poor subject name!

I have a dashboard that is based on a web map and feature layer that contains attachments. I have no problem configuring the pop-up in the map to get and show the attachments in the dashboard.

I want to add a selector to my dashboard that would filter the rows of the layer (and attachments), but the field to filter has to be generated with an arcade expression (because I can't just filter one field on the layer as it is built).

So I created an arcade expression layer in the dashboard from the original layer and added the field to filter and used this new field as the selector source and in my tables and details widget (to get the attachments).

But in this way, I can't get the attachments copied from the original to this new layer (or anyway I can't configure the pop-up because this has to be done in map viewer and this new arcade expression layer is not visible in map viewer).

So I thought I could just recreate this field with arcade in map viewer, but then saw it is not visible in the dashboard (this is expected behavior if I remember correctly, that arcade expressions are not accessible outside map viewer or something to that effect), so I can't do a match between that arcade field and the arcade one in the dashboard.

I'm so much confused right now! Any help/tips?

Summary: Basically I need to add a field to a layer with arcade in dashboards and then need to access and show the original attachments.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mikAMD
by
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I ended up adding a new field to the layer, only solution that seemed to work.
Thanks for your input!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

If I am following correctly, you would like to add a new field to the layer and then calculate values using an Arcade Expression... If that is the case, you could try :

• Add a new field to the layer on the Item Details page > Data Tab > Fields > + Add
  • On the Data tab > Table, click on the Field name
  • Select Calculate and
  • Select Arcade to calculate the new field using an Arcade expression.

Then you should be able to Filter by this field in your Dashboard. 

mikAMD
by
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I ended up adding a new field to the layer, only solution that seemed to work.
Thanks for your input!

0 Kudos