Select to view content in your preferred language

a user is having trouble logging in

Jump to solution
06-03-2024 08:11 AM
Laura_m_Conner
New Contributor III

All,

I have set up a user who needs help logging in to the web map through Portal. When he goes to the page, it prompts them to log in as usual, and then the page starts to load, but then it goes to a different login page.  I have checked his profile, and it is identical to others in his position. He is in a group that has permission to view the map. No one else in the origination is experiencing this problem.  Any help on the issue would be appreciated, as I don't know what to check next.   

portal 10.6.1

Thanks

Laura

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Laura_m_Conner
New Contributor III

Laura,

The regular log in is a pop up window. The second log in was a page from Arc GIS. No his credentials did not work there either.   

His user was not set up to use set up to use system authentication. I re-did  his user and set him up for system authentication. He can log in now

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

How is the other page different and do his credentials work there?

0 Kudos
Laura_m_Conner
New Contributor III

Laura,

The regular log in is a pop up window. The second log in was a page from Arc GIS. No his credentials did not work there either.   

His user was not set up to use set up to use system authentication. I re-did  his user and set him up for system authentication. He can log in now

0 Kudos