Spatial Analisys Tool question

08-18-2021 09:20 AM
alejocasf
New Contributor II

Hi.

Thanks for this community. I'm looking for a tool in which with a groups of different data layers. You can combine and ponderate them. The final product is a map with the ponderation and a new all set of layers with the info we are looking for ans answer.

I'm trying to know the name of this tool...

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

10 Comments
DavidPike

Possibly Merge https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/data-management/merge.htm

As to ponderate, that's probably a mistranslation as I have no idea what you mean.

RPGIS
by

As @DavidPike said, the merge tool is you best option.

alejocasf

Hi. Thanks for your reply. The word is weighing.

alejocasf

What I want ifrom the software creates new areas or layes analyzing others data sources as other layers, or images...

DavidPike

I don't understand you at all sorry.  good luck.

alejocasf

I know that what I'm looking for is like make a sum from let's suppose 3 layers. But from my point of view layer 1 has a percentage over the final solution of 50%. And the other two layers can be 25% each one.

Then the software analyze this sources and calculates a new layer with the answer.

alejocasf

The word is 

Weighting

alejocasf

Thanks a lot.

Do you think I can do something like that but with vector data????

AmandaRing

Depending on your workflow, you could potentially add numeric fields to each layer with the desired weighting value, then use Overlay Layers - Intersect for successive pairs of input layers/results. Once all have been combined, create a new field and use Calculate field to combine the weightings as desired.

But the best approach would probably be to use the Feature to Raster tool and then perform a Weighted Overlay of those newly created rasters.