Select to view content in your preferred language

"Open Link in a New Tab" for ArcGIS Online Groups

a month ago
PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

The ability to right-click on a group or the "View details" link on the group's card disappeared with the February 2024 ArcGIS Online update. Please bring it back.

This is similar to the problem and fix reported in "Open Link in a New Tab" for AGOL content items as it was before. Given the similarities between the Content and Group user experiences, I would expect them to behave the same, so that what one learns to do in one can be intuitively applied to other; and, I would like it to be the case that you can open in a new tab with groups, the same as you can do with content.

(I will note that for Groups, if you select a group, then you can right-click on the View details link in the snapshot on the left to open in a new tab; however, that requires an extra click and moving the cursor.)

I often want to open multiple groups from search results, where the groups are related. I might want to open them in different tabs so I can compare them side-by-side. I might want open them in different tabs to copy-and-paste information from one to other. 

6 Comments
DataOfficer

Completely agree. A small but annoying change.

RTPL_AU

Completely agree. Very annoying.

Laura_B

@PeterKnoop , are you still running into this issue when you right-click the View details button?

Laura_B_0-1719604370441.png

PeterKnoop

@Laura_B, looks like the June 2024 Update restored the expected functionality. Thank you!

Laura_B

Sounds good, @PeterKnoop !

RTPL_AU

LOL @Laura_B  I think I checked & posted on the Australian Thursday and it was fixed on the US Thursday. Working down-under too.