Select to view content in your preferred language

"Open Link in a New Tab" for AGOL content items as it was before

03-01-2024 09:27 AM
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Previously you could directly right click on an item in AGOL and open it in a new tab. Now, it's no longer possible as now when you click on an item you see a view and view details button on the left hand side. And from there you can open the item in a new tab.

Please also bring back "Open Link in a New Tab" for AGOL content items as it was before

Tags (1)
6 Comments
JohnsonChan_Esri

Hi Ed,

If you right click on the "View details" button of an item in the Contents page, you can open it in a new tab.

Ed_

@JohnsonChan_Esri thank for the quick response, yes I am aware of that but having an option to directly right click on the item and open it in a new tab would imo be more convenient. This option was there in the previous version of AGOL. 

KenBuja

I agree, why was that functionality changed? It's annoying that you can't directly click on the title to open the item, but have to move the mouse to the View Detail button.

JasminePrater

We are also not fans of this change.  It seems a bit unnecessary to have all that information in a pop-up when I'm usually trying to view the map.  If they could add a link when you click Web Map that it opens the map in Map Viewer, I think that would be tremendously helpful.  That could apply to whatever type of file it is, whether map, app, shapefile, etc.

Laura_B

Hey @Ed_ ,

Thank you for your feedback. One is currently able to right-click the item title to view the item details page in a new tab. The preview pane can be accessed by clicking the "Preview" button on the content pages.

Ed_

@Laura_B nice you guys fixed it, cheers 👍