Item storage quota

01-02-2021 11:27 PM
Josef_Strobl
Occasional Contributor

It would be helpful to be able to set a storage quota per user (role). As item storage impacts credits use, an a-priori handle on storage would be desirable.

Tags (2)
4 Comments
jini77jini77

That's a good idea.
Thank you for the information. click here 

ColeWhite

I agree with this idea. Currently, an organization's feature storage is at risk of being maxed out simply by a single user uploading a large amount of data. A storage quota would enable administrators to reduce the changes of this happening. Ideally, admins would be able to adjust quotas as necessary.

PeterKnoop

As an ArcGIS Online organization with over 10,000 users, our Administrators do not have the bandwidth to track what everyone is doing, nor micromanage privileges and credits. Instead we give people full access to ArcGIS Online capabilities so they can choose to do what they need to do, and we rely on credit allocations to ensure reasonable use. 

A critical shortcoming of this approach, however, is that credits consumed for storage are not currently tracked by user. So a user's credit allocation does not provide a way to limit their usage of storage.

Tracking storage credits per user (based on the owner of an item), and applying the current credit allocation functionality, or a new, seperate storage credit allocation functionality would be great. (Since we leave it up to our users to decide how they are going to best use resources, the former -- having a single credit allocation per user -- would be our preference.)

AmyWork3

As another ArcGIS Online organization with 4,000+ users, we are rapidly encroaching our feature storage limit (79%). In addition to seeing credit by user on the member user management, it would also be nice to set those limits for both feature storage or image storage (file storage). 

Another thing I'd like to add to storage quotas is actually displaying the storage usage of users in the member management window. Or at least enable this as a toggle to turn on or off. Yes, I can get some of those values from the Organizational Items report and do pivot tables, but it would be great to quickly access who are my largest storage users.