Select to view content in your preferred language

Filter and/or Symbolise features before/after TODAY()

08-17-2022 12:27 AM
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Regular Contributor II

It's been a while since anyone seems to have requested this. I'm setting up a simple feature service with points that show the location of Traffic Management Plans. Each point will have an expiry date. I'd like to be able to either:

A) Symbolise points as Current or Expired based on their expiry date (before/after TODAY)

B) Filter hosted views to only show features that are Current (Date is after TODAY) or Expired (Date is before TODAY)

The only way I can figure out how to filter like this is to use the "in the last" option and set a timeframe that exceeds the expected usage window for this data (i.e. 1000 years). Below is an example of the filter setup to show Expired features:

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_0-1660720138935.png

Surely a more elegant solution would be to simply have the option where DateField "is before Today" or "is after Today". I understand "Today" could be too course for some applications, and you might want it to be based on the current time as well, so maybe a "Now" option could be included for that level of detail. 

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_1-1660720435589.png

I would also like the same functionality in the symbology. Currently it seems I can only group dates based on dates that already exist as attributes. A simple symbology arrangement where features a coloured one way or another based on the current date and time would be really useful in this situation where I still want to see all the features without the need for filtered hosted views. It essentially already exists (Before and after theme) but requires a set date as the dividing point. 

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_2-1660721196059.png

1 Comment
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA

Another simple option would be to have an "in the next" option that works the same was as "in the last", but for the future.