Error Message Code 24082

01-16-2020 12:47 PM
JosephOBrien
New Contributor II

In publishing maps and layers, primarily to various web mapping applications, it has come to my attention that certain properties about a layers' symbol does not transfer between ArcPro and AGOL. The major items being scale-based sizing and graduated colors with advanced settings. Having the ability for these symbol properties to transfer from ArcPro to AGOL seemlessly would be outstanding. I am not sure what the technical requirements to allow this ability would be, but I have a feeling it would be beneficial to many members of the ESRI Community.

12 Comments
VHolubec

Well, I don´t have a data with m-values in, so I made a test with a line feature with 2-layers symbology, so I believe it´s similar settings as you have.

VHolubec_0-1662659739655.png

When I published to AGE (10.9.1 in my case  sorry don´t have 10.8.1 available for test) as a map service with registered data source

VHolubec_1-1662659814018.png

In the Map Viewer it works fine then....

VHolubec_2-1662659899331.png

Any difference in the settings on your side? 

BamJam
by

@VHolubec 

I apologize for the delayed response (vacation).  I found that I see the same behavior you see when publishing the service as a map service without feature access enabled.  However, if I enable feature access, the symbology is downgraded.  We would like this service to have feature access enabled, but for now we will stick with a map service in order to get the desired symbology.

Thank you for the help!

Brandon