Duplicate Layer in AGO Web Map

02-21-2022 12:38 PM
andersenlm
New Contributor II

It would be great to be able to create a duplicate layer in an ArcGIS Online web map by clicking "Options" and then "Duplicate." Often, I find myself adding the same layer over and over and reconfiguring similar symbology, pop-ups, and labels when I could just duplicate the layer and make a few small changes instead. Note: I'm using the new web map viewer (not the classic viewer, which does have the "Copy" capability).

Please forgive me if this is already a capability, and I just haven't been able to find anything about it.

12 Comments
HuubZwart

HuubZwart_0-1645476266824.png

andersenlm

Thanks, but I'm using the new web map viewer, not the classic viewer.  I'll add this information to my original post.

HuubZwart

Ah I hadn't seen your print screen sorry my bad. Good question that would be useful! 

RussRoberts

The copy and save layer is planned for an upcoming release. 

andersenlm

Excellent, thanks!

AaronKoelker

This was added today in the March 2022 update.

RussRoberts

You are correct, its under the layer overflow menu and layer properties panel

RussellRoberts1_0-1648063930002.pngRussellRoberts1_1-1648063952316.png

erica_poisson

@RussRoberts  - will it ever be possible to copy a layer between web maps? Say I want the same layer symbology & pop-up in another map - instead of painfully rebuilding it every time, it would be nice to copy it into a new map. 

RussRoberts

This is possible today on most layers and we are working on supporting the Save As to be available on more layer types.

RussellRoberts1_0-1670508218575.png

wayfaringrob

@RussRoberts  not sure if this should be new idea or not - but the duplicate button does not appear for grouped items -- if you want to duplicate a whole group of layers, it seems you're out of luck:

rburke_0-1676327992611.png