ArcGIS Online - Order Popups same as Legend

11-02-2012 03:01 PM
BrianSullivan
New Contributor III

When you have overlapping map layers that have popups, there is a bar at the top that allows you to toggle to the next layer.  0EME0000000TTcH

But there is no way to control the order of which popup is displayed first.  Please give control to this, or make popup come up in the same order as the legend.

89 Comments
IgnacioVelázquez_Calleja

This is extremely necessary in 2021.

RDIApps

Yes! I completely agree with "fast is not useful if it's not what you want." In one example, I have both a point and a polygon layer, each with configured popups. If someone clicks on a point within a polygon, they should get the point info first. But now, it's just chance - frustrating for both them and me 😞

BergenKommune

Yes, we need this in ArcGIS Enterprise also.

Gary_Chin

Are we able to redirect some Esri resources to please implement the ordering of popup features.  We are approaching 10 years since this request was first floated and is still very relevant. 

LJuliusson

Hi everyone, I was frustrated to see that there was no way to order the popup features and that this has been an issue for so long, since I have two point features that sometimes overlap and I want to only show the popup for top feature when they do. I did figure out how to do this using Arcade. Below is my code and an explanation here.

Put the Arcade code in the bottom layer, and create an intersect to the top layer with a small distance and use a Count to find out if any intersecting/overlapping top points have been found. Then set up "default" popup text to the data from your bottom points. Next use an "if" statement with the count value to see if any intersected points were found. If they were, overwrite the popup text with text from the values in the intersected (top) points. Make sure to then turn off popups for the top point features.

var intersectLayer = Intersects(FeatureSetByName($map,"Top Layer Point Features"), Buffer($feature, 10, "meters"))
var cnt = Count(intersectLayer);
var result = '';

result += "Feature Type: " + $feature["featureclass"]
result += TextFormatting.NewLine + "Names:"
result += TextFormatting.NewLine + "Number 1: " + $feature["c1_name"]
result += TextFormatting.NewLine + "Number 2: " + $feature["c2_name"]
result += TextFormatting.NewLine + "Number 3: " + $feature["c3_name"];

if (cnt != 0){
for (var f in intersectLayer) {

// Note that the first result for the overwrite top layer does not include the "+" append indicator as we are overwriting the original result

result = "Feature Type: " + f.Feature_Class  
result += TextFormatting.NewLine + "Names: " + f.Pending_proposals
result += TextFormatting.NewLine + "Number 1: " + f.C1
result += TextFormatting.NewLine + "Number 2: " + f.C2
result += TextFormatting.NewLine + "Number 3: " + f.C3;
}
}
return result;

Hope this helps someone.

Lara

DanielShaffer2

It is shocking that this has been under discussion for nearly TEN YEARS, with no reasonable response or solution.

ESRI, your products are supposed to help us make sense of the world for our clients, not give them irrelevant information as quickly as possible.

Most of us probably do not care about a 200-500ms delay in popup display. Shoot, I'd take over 1000, without breaking a sweat, if it meant that I had the ability to display the info my clients need in a reasonable and intuitive fashion.

Please get this done! Or, tell us why you CAN'T...and then get to work on it.

Thank you!

JoabelBarbieri

This is essential. ESRI please give it priority!!

NvF
by

A whole new map viewer but we still do not have this capability?

bump, bump, bump

Robinson

Please enable this functionality, this is the most requested feature I have from my end users. 

I have multiple feature layers and I need to have the results of the pop-ups in a particular order, ideally the same as the TOC order.

Please give this priority.

AndrewMoskaLee

This is f'ing insane.  Get your head out of your a$$ esri.  FIX THIS!