Select to view content in your preferred language

Public Account?

08-02-2013 05:41 PM
RyanCoodey
Regular Contributor
Trying to register for the new developers site but when using my existing ESRI global account it says "ArcGIS for Developers does not support public accounts"... Why? I really don't want to make another account for this... so how do I make my account not public?

Thanks a lot!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AllanLaframboise
Occasional Contributor III
Currently you have to create a separate account for developer subscriptions.  You should be able to use the same email however.

AL
0 Kudos
RyanCoodey
Regular Contributor
Ahh, bummer... seems like a weird design but I guess ESRI has their reason. Thanks a lot for that info!
0 Kudos
AllanLaframboise
Occasional Contributor III
Ahh, bummer... seems like a weird design but I guess ESRI has their reason. Thanks a lot for that info!

The good news is that we are looking at ways to improve the account management component of subscriptions!

Cheers,
AL
0 Kudos
RyanCoodey
Regular Contributor
You should be able to use the same email however.

So I have still been holding out in the hopes to use my one ESRI global account, but decided to give in today cause I want to get into this new site... maybe it is just me but just as an FYI, I couldn�??t use the same email, it said: "The email provided has already been used to create an account." :(.
0 Kudos
AllenFuller
New Contributor
I'm having the exact same issue. If I login to ArcGIS.com, it works just fine, but if I go to the developers site, it says "ArcGIS for Developers does not support public accounts". When I try to register for an account, it says the email address is already in use.

Any suggestions on a workaround, or a timeline on a fix?
0 Kudos