Select to view content in your preferred language

How publish/consume Network Dataset without ArcGIS for Server?

12-02-2013 01:56 PM
StevenKitterman1
Emerging Contributor
I am looking to use a network dataset in an iOS app I'm making using the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS. As I understand it, I can either access a hosted network analysis service or have one locally on the device. Because I do not have ArcGIS for Server, I have been unable to do either.

Publishing files to arcgis.com : arcgis.com can't currently publish a "complex feature" like a network dataset, to my understanding.

Storing files on device: The files to be put on the device are the .tn folder files and a .geodatabase file, but I have yet to find documentation on how to create these files from a network dataset in ArcMap. I have read that one way is to pull down the files from ArcGIS for server (but I don't have server, and if I did I could have hosted them).

Without ArcGIS for Server, is there any way I can upload a network dataset to arcgis.com or convert a network dataset to the .tn and .geodatabase files? Is there any documentation for the .geodatabase or .tn folder structure (if I have to code the conversion myself)?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies