Select to view content in your preferred language

Collecting (multiple) attribute records for points

11-10-2013 10:51 AM
SamuelHenderson
New Contributor II
Hello everyone,

What I'd like to do is make a restaurant review application for mobile devices (specifically Android).  The way I'd like the Application to work is to show a map of the city I live in with all the restaurants, fast food joints and coffee shops displayed as points.  Clicking/touching a restaurant's point will bring up a form showing previous reviews.  The form will also have an editable area where the user will be able to take a picture of his/her food and write their own review.  When the user clicks a button to publish their review the data will be stored in ArcGIS Online and be available to other users who view the same restaurant.

So what is the best way to go about this?  I've already got an ArcGIS Online account (not an organizational one) and have my basemap published.  I've got all the restaurant points displaying as well.  What I'm not sure of is the best way of storing the reviews.  I suppose what I need is a table that contains the RestaurantID of the restaurant the user is reviewing along with the required fields to capture the review (picture, comments, number of stars, etc).

Is it possible for me to create this table using ArcCatalog, export it as a shapefile, upload it to the ArcGIS Online webmap and then view and edit data in the table from my Android Application? (I've already got the Android App showing the basemap, so that's a good start!)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies