Select to view content in your preferred language

Notebook Credit usage increased in 2023

01-11-2023 06:24 AM
DominicRoberge2
Occasional Contributor III

Hello

I have a few Notebooks (4) that are scheduled to run using the Task functionality (some every 15 min, some once a day).  They have been setup in 2022 around August. Today I was looking at the Credits Report in AGOL and noticed that my credit usage for Notebooks have increased a lot since January 3rd 2023. Did ESRI changed their Notebook usage policies?

DominicRoberge2_1-1673447028334.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You may want to look at the notebooks in particular. According to the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine, the scheduled notebook credit usage hasn't really changed recently.

If you're seeing an uptick in credit usage, I would guess that your notebooks are running longer for some reason, or that something has changed about the schedule.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
DominicRoberge2
Occasional Contributor III

Well that's what I was thinking at first, but the time run is the same, no additional minutes. Then a friend of mine observed the same behavior on his AGOL starting January 3rd.

Like me, he has scheduled Notebooks that have been setup since last November, nothing has changed since then. and his credit usage has ramped up as well.

So, it has to be something else...

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps the credits page of the AGOL docs is simply out of date? I don't use scheduled AGOL notebooks, so I can't say for sure if I have seen this impact.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I would review this issue with your ESRI account manager as I know that AGOL pricing for my org has gone up (will be going up).

0 Kudos