Broken URLs - Create CSV Log

Jump to solution
09-01-2022 07:13 PM
Labels (1)
BrianD
by
New Contributor III

I have no Python experience and need some help.  Since ESRI no longer allows SMTP connections and doesn't want to update their sample notification notebooks, would anyone happen to have the time to provide some sample code to effectuate the following workflow?

- Create CSV file to be used as a log (I know how to do this portion from perusing the sample notebooks.)

- Loop through the content in a folder or group (not webmap) in AGOL and detect unreachable links.

- Output information about the content with unreachable links to the CSV file so I can go through and update them.

I figure having a log is a more convenient solution than the alternatives ESRI has listed, which involve purchasing a subscription to a third party service like Zapier webhooks and posting to social media that I wouldn't be able to access from my work computer.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianD
by
New Contributor III

After taking a course on Python and poring through all related scripts I could find on the web, I managed to cobble something together that works.  Issue resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BrianD
by
New Contributor III

After taking a course on Python and poring through all related scripts I could find on the web, I managed to cobble something together that works.  Issue resolved.

0 Kudos