Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Notebook Server 10.9 on RHEL 8?

Jump to solution
06-24-2021 09:40 AM
Justin_Greco
Frequent Contributor

We are looking at installing ArcGIS Notebook Server 10.9 on RHEL.  The system requirements only show RHEL 7 Update 8.  All other 10.9 software (Server, Portal) support RHEL 7 Update 9 and RHEL 8.  Our server admins would prefer provisioning a RHEL 8 server.  Has anyone tried Notebook Server on RHEL 8?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
usspacenut
Emerging Contributor

for a real world example of the consequences for docker going off to lala land and doing their own thing - https://kubernetes.io/blog/2022/05/03/kubernetes-1-24-release-announcement/#dockershim-removed-from-...the latest version of kubernetes completely removes support for dockershim, meaning if you still want to use Docker as a runtime, you'll have to use the specially created cri-dockerd runtime that complies to the CRI standard or switch to use a runtime that actually is made for the standard.  

I don't know about you, but if I'm playing around with containers, I want the option to be able to use them with Kubernetes when I need to scale/manage a bunch of them and not have to rebuild them for that purpose and then maintain two versions (sorry if that's what you guys are doing as devs for these projects... that is ROUGH).  

0 Kudos
RaviNarayanan
Esri Contributor

Thanks for this additional feedback @usspacenut . Will bring this to the team.

0 Kudos